If we immerse ourselves in a healing bath for long enough, how
can we not journey to the place from which the healing comes?
May our minds be filled with the thought of loving-friendliness, compassion, appreciative joy, and equanimity. May we be generous! May we be gentle. May we be relaxed. May we be happy and peaceful. May we be healthy. May our hearts become soft. May all our words be pleasing to others. Wherever we go in the world, may we meet people with happiness, peace and friendliness. May we be protected in all directions from greed, anger, aversion, hatred, jealousy, and fear! May we be free from tension, anxiety, worry, and restlessness. May all that we see, hear, smell, taste, touch or think help us to cultivate loving friendliness, compassion, appreciative joy, equanimity and gentleness.
Nobody can give you even a fraction of the
well-being that you can create for yourself.
A website which provides an oasis of calm, soothing gentleness, compassion, loving-kindness and self-nurturing, where is always permission to go only as fast as the slowest part of us feels safe to go. Here treating ourselves with tender care is essential; delighting in our emerging selves is always celebrated.
Reminders / Suggestions
1. There is no "right way" to be or "right way" to do anything! Be however and do whatever YOU FEEL like - as long as you don't hit or throw things at people or bother people who want to be left alone!
2. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do (even if" everyone else" is doing it) And, you can stop in the middle of anything you don't want to do anymore!
3. You don't have to share anything if you don't want to! And, it's absolutely okay not to want to!
4. The only one you need to take care of or "be the Mommy to" is yourself!
5. Be as gentle and loving with yourself as you possibly can. Always give yourself the benefit of the doubt and avoid criticizing yourself. If you can't avoid criticizing yourself, at least avoid criticizing yourself for criticizing yourself!
6. If you don't see what you want/need, don't "make do" - ASK for it!
7. If anyone is bothering you, tell them you want them to stop it!
8. If you feel sad, it's okay to cry; if you feel angry, it's okay to growl, yell or stamp your feet; if you feel scared, it's okay to slow down or to stop and rest.
9. Remember to breathe into your belly, it makes everything feel better.
10. If you feel tired, curl up and take a nap!
Twin Oaks vous intéresse et vous aimeriez y passer quelques
jours... Quelques uns de nos membres parlent français et
aimeraient partager leur expérience avec des francophones.
Envoyez-nous un courriel pour obtenir plus d'informations sur
Twin Oaks ou encore pur nos faire part de votre intention de nous
rendre visite. Un membre de la communauté pourrait sans doute être
Nous vous invitons à nous écrire en anglais puisque notre
connaissance du français écrit est limitée.