You know you've lived on a commune when...
- you share a Netflix subscription with 4 or more people.
- you have no idea what Netflix is
- dinner conversation turns to reminiscing about your favorite McDonald's food before you stopped eating there. The longest-term member thinks they ate there once in the 80's.
- you or a member of your family has ever answered to the name Sage, Harmony or Rainbow
- you know the Briggs-Meyer, Enneagram or Aryuvedic dosha type of everyone you live with
- you've ever given or received feedback while naked, with someone other than your lover
- you share a checkbook with 5 to 75 other people
- you cringe at the phrase "high impact", because you want to get as far away from those people as possible, or because you are one of those people
- you've been on committees with more people than you've slept with
- you've ever organized an orgy by consensus
- you've decided when to hold a retreat based on the most auspicious astrological reading
- your household income breaks down to either $75 a month, or $250,000 annually, depending on how you look at it
Eight of the above are true for Valerie LivingWater, who has lived at Twin Oaks for 14 years.